I realize that I often focus on Austin's mischievous side in my posts. That is because I find it rather humorous and think it might be something he would enjoy reading about in the future. At the same time, I find that I have failed to spend much time talking about his sweet heart. So, just for my own sake (since I know that my memory will fade down the road), I thought I would take a minute and record a few of the items that he has done lately that absolutely melt my heart.
First, Austin loves to dance (oops!...I mean choreograph ;-). Yes, he enjoys dancing on his own to music, but what he really loves is dancing with me. He will run into his room, point at the cd player and say "dinz" (dance) over and over. When I turn the music on (he insists on TJ's Playground CD), he will immediately jump into my arms. He holds on tight as we dance around the room. Sometimes he giggles, sometimes he "sings" along, and sometimes he just cuddles. Since I can rarely get him to stay still long enough to get my cuddle fix, this is something that I just love. It absolutely melts my heart!
Austin has begun saying "Peez" (Please). It is just too cute! Of course, being my little boy, he knows how to use it to his advantage. Do you know how hard it is to say no when you have those big blue eyes staring up at you and hear that little voice say "Peez"? (At least he hasn't learned the lower lip trick that I did, but I am sure it is coming ;-)
Austin said "I low yo" (I love you) for the first time today. I was a little sad that it wasn't to me, but mostly I was just blown away that he said it. He was talking to my dad on the phone this morning, while my mom was at the house. My mom said "Say, I love you, Papa", and without skipping a beat Austin said "I low yo, Papa". We could not believe our ears. (especially since he rarely puts 2 words together except for Grilled+Cheese ;-) If my mom hadn't been there to hear it, I would have convinced myself that he did not really say it. I tried to get him to say it to me this evening, but instead he just puckered up his lips for a kiss - hey, I figure it means the same thing. ;-)
1 comment:
I love reading your blog! Especially as a preparation for things to come! Kaleb is the same in that he will not sit still long enough for me to cuddle w/ him, but I can not wait to share these sweeter moments with him soon! Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment