Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Silence is Golden?

Whoever said that silence is golden, never had a toddler. In our house, silence means that Austin is up to something. ;-)

This afternoon, I was spraying the shower door after letting Austin take a shower (He LOVES the shower, so I let him take one on Wednesday afternoons in order to wash off the sweaty boy smell before church). When I finished, I noticed that Austin was no longer in the bathroom and the house was unusually quiet. I ran into the kitchen where I found him STANDING on the kitchen table and pouring the salt out of the salt shaker. Seriously, he was only out of my sight for a minute. It is as if he had been plotting it all day, and when he noticed that my back was turned, he sprung into action. ;-)
A short while later, while I was getting ready, he grabbed my lipstick and began drawing on himself. Luckily, I was able to grab it before he got to his face, because based on the stains on his legs, it lives up to the commercial's promise that it won't rub off. ;-) I reminded Austin that chap stick is the only "make-up" that he is allowed to use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny to me, because we have had the same two things happen this week to us. Except Rad covered his face with lipstick while I was trying on shoes in a store, and he put nicks in the wood of our table as he was shaking out the salt. So, it only gets better!