Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Poor Little Guy

My little man has had a rough couple of weeks. After a few doctor's visits, we have come to the conclusion that he has a milk protein allergy. Not a big deal really, as this is something 1 in 10 babies suffer from and usually grow out of by their 1st birthday. But even though it is not serious, the poor guy has just been miserable. I am so proud of him. He has been a real trooper. It is obvious that he doesn't feel good, but he is still so sweet. Even learning to fall asleep and sleep through the night unswaddled while not feeling well.
Hopefully, we are on the downhill side of this now. The pediatrician has me on a pretty strict no-dairy, no-soy diet for the next 3 weeks (at which point I can experiment with adding a few items back). Although it will be several weeks before he feels completely better, I can already see an improvement today. My smiley little man is coming back.
P.S.-Yes, I know I have not posted pictures in a while. With everything going on, I just haven't thought to take any. Shameful, I know. I will try to post some soon.

No comments: