Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall Family Outing

Today's weather was just too perfect to pass up, so we just had to get out an enjoy it. Walker and I have always enjoyed going for walks/hikes in the fall and spring, so we decided it was time to introduce Austin to it. It was a great family outing. Austin spent much of the time chewing on his carrier and jabbering to all the people (or trees for that matter ;-) that we passed. He really seemed to enjoy all of the new sights and sounds. (I am curious to see if his adventurous spirit continues as he gets older. I hope so. I really don't want him to inherit my timidity towards new things.)


We were able to spot a lot of wildlife along the way...several deer, geese, turtles, squirrels, etc. Here is one of the 8 deer we spotted. I think she was checking Austin out and was curious about his strange noises. Poor thing looked like the recent drought had taken a toll on her though. She seemed so skinny.



No comments: