Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Photos and Captions

Austin and I have a perpetual game of hide-&-seek going. He will start it back up at the most random times during the day. Today I happened to have my camera with me when he decided to play around the kitchen table.

Austin wants to do everything that Walker does. Apparently that includes having a broken arm...don't freak out, he didn't actually break his arm, he just likes putting the brace on so that he looks like Walker.
Over the past few months, we have been trying to teach Austin that only trash goes in the garbage can...not sippy cups, toys, etc. Well, apparently that lesson has sunk in. He now goes around the house looking for lint or other trash that he can pick up and then go throw into the trash can. He will even throw a cheerio or cracker on the floor so that he has an excuse to go throw it away. (Of course, sometimes at the last minute he will have have second thoughts and eat it instead ;-)As soon as he throws the item away (or pretends to if he has decided to eat it ;-), he immediately throws up his arms and cheers for himself in a way that looks remarkably like a quarterback who has just thrown a touchdown pass. :-)I am really going to have to start watching what I do in front of Austin. He just learns things so fast. This afternoon, I used a chair to stand on in order to reach something in the kitchen. I didn't even think about the fact that he was watching me. Well, 5 minutes later, he decided to climb on a kitchen chair in order to be able to climb on the kitchen table. Yikes!

No comments: