When Austin was first born, Walker and I decided that we were not going to allow him to watch TV for at least the first year because of some research we had read. (Which was difficult since it meant that we couldn't watch TV either.) Besides being good for Austin's development, I am glad that we did it because it really encouraged family interaction. Even after Austin's first birthday, that rule stayed in effect until the past couple of weeks. The extreme heat has forced us to spend a lot more time indoors than any of us would prefer. In an effort to find additional ways to entertain Austin, we have begun letting him watch a little TV. At first he seemed to enjoy the Baby Einstein DVDs, but he lost interest with them rather quickly.(Apparently, they were not exciting enough) VeggieTales, however, he LOVES! (Which thrills me because I have always been a closet VeggieTales fan and I love that they have a positive message)As much as Austin loves watching VeggieTales when we let him, he absolutely cannot sit still while he watches. (That should not surprise me, because being still has never been in his nature) He starts out fairly still playing with his feet...
He points out and names cars, balls, and other items....
2 comments:
haha those are funny pics. Dylan loves VeggieTales too. They are coming live in September and we got him tickets to go see them. Let's see how that is. Hopefully as good as the movies. We dont let Dylan watch much tv either, but i was surprise of how much he can learn from watching kid's shows.
Veggie Tales, huh? I've never seen them, and it's hard to get Rad interested in anything on TV other than motorcross racing. I'd love the peace for 30 min a day!
Post a Comment