Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mr. Blue Eyes


It seems like Austin and I cannot go anywhere these days without someone commenting on his eyes. "Just look at those eyes" is what I hear on almost every aisle in the grocery store or as we walk through the mall. It is funny to me, because I don't really notice that his eyes are blue anymore. When I look at them, I see what they communicate to me. The wonderful way that they light up when I walk into his room to get him after his nap, or how they twinkle with joy when he laughs. His eyes are beautiful to me not because of the color, but because of what he says with them and how a look from them can melt my heart.

2 comments:

Brian said...

That might just be the sappiest thing I've ever heard! I'm sure I'll be talking the same way when I have kids...but still!

michelleandwalker said...

Thanks little bro....but you have no room to talk about being sappy lately. ;-)