Over the past several weeks, Austin has become more frustrated with the fact that he cannot talk and communicate to us his wants/needs. He will grunt/whine and point to indicate that he wants something, but I don't always understand. In an effort to alleviate some of his (and my) frustration, I have started teaching him a few signs. I figured that it would take quite some time before he would actually use any of them, therefore, I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon when I saw him use one. I had given Austin some Cheerios to occupy him while I was doing the dishes, and once he finished them, instead of grunting/whining like he usually does to indicate that he would like some more, he simply grinned at me and started putting his hands together to say "more". He doesn't quite have the form down....it is more of a sloppy clap than the actual sign, but I could tell what he meant. He was so proud of himself when I gave him the requested Cheerios. When did my baby boy get so grown up?
No comments:
Post a Comment