Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day at Home

The past several days have been rather hectic with lots of running around, so since Austin is teething (yes, his lonely bottom tooth is finally getting a friend...or maybe 3 ;-), I decided that yesterday he deserved a day at home with some extra attention and TLC from me. It turns out, I needed it as well. I like getting out of the house, but when we do a lot of running around, I miss having quality one-on-one time with my little guy. We had a really good day doing a lot of nothing in our pj's.
We read lots of books. (Austin gets very excited about reading his books, which I am thrilled about)
Worked on our Elvis impersonation.
Did some laundry.
Played Peek-a-boo with the curtains.
And topped it off with my favorite thing...a nice long chair nap. Normally, if Austin wakes up early from his nap, he will put himself back to sleep after a few minutes. When he is teething, however, that doesn't really work, so I go get him and we curl up in the rocking chair together. Since Austin is so active, and usually is not much for long periods of cuddling, an hour of snuggling and snoozing with my little man is pure heaven for me. Definitely something that I know I will look back on as some of my favorite memories from this time.





No comments: