Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's 2008

Brian and Ashley came for a visit over the weekend. After taking a little while to warm up, Austin grew quite fond of his Uncle Brian. (Raspberry wars, water from a grown up glass, and cheerios will do it every time ;-) Saturday night, Austin spent the night will Nonna, Papa, Brian & Ashley so that Walker and I could have an early Valentine's Dinner. I am sure we missed him a lot more than he missed us.

This morning started out on such a sweet note. Part of our morning ritual is for Austin and I to wave bye to Walker from the bonus room window as he drives away. This morning, Austin was particularly attached to Walker before he left for work. As we were watching Walker's car drive away, Austin waved bye-bye and very clearly said "Daddy". It was precious! That is the first time he had said something where I was positive that he knew what he was saying and what it meant.

After that sweet start, the real adventure of the morning started during Austin's bath. He was splashing around and suddenly started making his "poop face". I grabbed him as fast as I could to hold him over the toilet....I was too late! I held him over the toilet anyway, and in typical little boy fashion, Austin decided to pee...all over the bathroom floor! After I was convinced that he was finished, I set him down on the towel and wiped up the floor before running some water in the sink for bath # 2. As I was getting his sink bath ready, I glanced over...apparently he decided that the bathroom floor was a better place to complete his business. At that point, I threw up my hands and began laughing, which caused Austin to laugh hysterically. The joys of parenthood...never a dull moment. ;-) As you can see below, Austin finally got that second bath, so all is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same thing for us tonight, except Radnor completed the deal in the tub while I was writing in his baby book. I was sitting on the floor, and I wasn't in a good position to see into the tub. Isn't it fun to fish that out of the tub!

Jayna said...

That is hilarious!! We had similar escapades with Lydia! All you can do is laugh!