This trend is starting to scare me, because now, he seems determined to defeat the safety gate at the top of the stairs. (He thinks that Walker is down there when he is at work) I have given several stern lectures and used distraction techniques to no avail, so now he just is not allowed to play in the bonus room unless he leaves it alone. (The 5 minutes that it has taken to type this post is the longest he has gone yet....oops! I spoke to soon...to the downstairs we go ;-)
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I am in Trouble
Over the past week, Austin has been on a mission...to defeat all of the childproofing gear in the house. A few days ago, he found a way to bypass the contraption that goes on the toilet paper roll. Yesterday, he used brute strength to render the toilet lid lock ineffective. Finally, this afternoon, he figured out how to get into the kitchen drawers despite the drawer latches. 
This trend is starting to scare me, because now, he seems determined to defeat the safety gate at the top of the stairs. (He thinks that Walker is down there when he is at work) I have given several stern lectures and used distraction techniques to no avail, so now he just is not allowed to play in the bonus room unless he leaves it alone. (The 5 minutes that it has taken to type this post is the longest he has gone yet....oops! I spoke to soon...to the downstairs we go ;-)
This trend is starting to scare me, because now, he seems determined to defeat the safety gate at the top of the stairs. (He thinks that Walker is down there when he is at work) I have given several stern lectures and used distraction techniques to no avail, so now he just is not allowed to play in the bonus room unless he leaves it alone. (The 5 minutes that it has taken to type this post is the longest he has gone yet....oops! I spoke to soon...to the downstairs we go ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He's a genious!
Post a Comment