I feel like we have been in our own little world for the past week....but we are finally back among the living. Last Tuesday, Austin started running a fever of around 102. He didn't have any other symptoms, so I just kept an eye on him. After the second full day with a fever, he started getting rather cranky, so I took him to the doctor to make sure he didn't have an ear infection. Everything checked out fine, so the best guess was a light case of the flu (despite getting the flu shot) or a virus. (Nothing I could do other than the Tylenol/Motrin rotation) Friday morning his fever disappeared. About an hour later I noticed a faint rash beginning to appear on his belly. I was so excited, because I now knew what had been wrong...Roseola!...and the rash means it is over. I could tell that he felt much better, but he looked like he had some horrible skin disease for a couple of days. I kept him home from church Sunday morning just in case he was still contagious...and because I was afraid the other mothers would freak if they saw him. ;-)

His rash disappeared Sunday afternoon, and he seems to be back to his old self....except for the slight clingyness due to being spoiled while he was sick. ;-)
As you can tell from the photo below, Austin really needs a haircut...anyone have any recommendations for where to take a 9 month old to get his haircut?...good luck keeping him still. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment