
I know that everyone says this when they have small children, but it really does seem like the time is flying by, and every time that I blink, Austin has grown and learned something new. He is becoming such a little boy now and I absolutely love this stage. Of course, it is not without its challenges...he can run now, and sometimes I find it tricky to stay one step ahead of his mischief. He also is gaining a sense of independence which means he would much rather walk when we are in a store or outside than to ride in a cart or stroller (He had an absolute blast running around Lowe's the other day while Walker was buying a dryer. He made sure to wave hello to everyone that we passed). In spite of the challenges, this really is such an amazing stage. His personality is developing more. We are seeing more of the mischievous/silly/sarcastic/adventuresome/cheeseball little boy that he is and it is incredible to watch.

When he is comfortable, Austin is a complete ham. He has the best sense of humor that still catches me off guard. He keeps us laughing all the time. I am fascinated by how quickly he seems to soak up information. We play the "where is the...." game a lot, and he can correctly point out a large number of items in the house and the majority of his body parts (belly button still being the favorite ;-) Austin is starting to pretend play more. Before it was limited to pretending to eat imaginary items and pretending to feed them to us. Now it extends to more pretending such as "talking" on the phone.

Today he was "talking" on the phone and I asked him who it was. Austin quickly replied "Da-da". He then went back to talking and said "Add-o" (Austin speak for "Hello", I think ;-), "Hi, Daddy". It was just precious. It is the little moments like that where I realize just how lucky I am to be able to stay home and witness my little boy growing and learning - because he definitely doesn't stay in one stage for long.
No comments:
Post a Comment