



As of this past week, Austin seems to have dropped his morning nap and switched to a single nap in the early afternoon. Although, it has taken a little bit of getting used to since I am loosing the time where I used to be able to get a few things done around the house, I am loving the new sense of freedom that it has brought our daily routine. Austin also seems to be much happier.
Austin is constantly on the go these days. He loves running around the house singing and jabbering.
When Walker or I are in another room, Austin has begun using his "outside voice" to beckon us when he wants our attention.
Walker and I have had to become translators lately. Austin's vocabulary continues to grow, but often he uses word substitutes. So far, we have deciphered...
"t-t-t-t" = Hot
"boom-boom" - anything falling, or boop-boop (what we call pacifier)
"kkkkk" (clearing throat sound) - coffee cup
"ch-ch" - cheese
"boom-ba" - blueberries
"bu-bu" - bubbles
"bi-bi" - Bible Story Book
Walker and I often struggle with keeping straight faces and stern voices when we are reprimanding or disciplining Austin. He is just so funny when he is being mischievous. Our current battle is Austin's quest to throw his sippy cup onto the floor. This has been going on for a while now, and we have really been working on teaching him to put it on his highchair tray. Problem is, he knows where it goes, but just enjoys messing with us. For a while, the exchange went like this...
Cup goes overboard
"Austin, does your milk belong on the floor?"
Austin shakes his head "no".
"Where does your cup go?"
Austin points to his tray.
Now, at each meal....
Cup goes overboard.
Austin point at his cup which is on the floor and immediately shakes his head "no".
He then points at the place on the tray where his cup is suppose to go and gives us his most mischievous smile.
(Try keeping a straight face while you respond to that one, especially when your spouse has turned his back to the table to hide the fact that he is laughing ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment