Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween

Halloween was a lot more fun this year with Austin, because he really seemed to get the concept and had been looking forward to trick or treating for several weeks. When I ordered the boys' costumes, my intention was for them to be a zookeeper and his giraffe, but when the costumes arrived, Austin declared that he wanted to be a "dinosaur hunter" (paleontologist) instead. Thankfully, the zookeeper costume worked just as well as a paleontologist costume. ;-)
We started out the evening at our church's annual Trunk or Treat. Austin knew just what to do and was self sufficient at going from car to car and getting candy. Austin really enjoyed himself. Micah was kind enough to tolerate the whole thing. It was much warmer than I expected it to be and his giraffe costume was meant for much cooler temperature.
Afterwards, we raced back home to hand out candy in our neighborhood. While Walker was passing out candy, I decided to take Austin to a handful of houses on our street. I thought that he would be done after a few houses, but he kept wanting to do more. He loved it! Austin received several compliments on his politeness. I am pretty sure that he remembered to say "Thank You" at ever house we went to. After I convinced him that it was time to go back home, he was just as excited about passing out candy to the children who came to the door. When we woke up the next day, Austin asked if we could go Trick or Treating again...Within a few hours, he was talking about Christmas....not sure what happened to Thanksgiving. ;-)





2 comments:

Jayna said...

Omigosh! Those are about the cutest pictures ever!

Anonymous said...

They both look great! I wish we could have seen them.