Friday, March 19, 2010

Something went Thud in the night


Last night around 1:30am, I heard a very loud thud followed by crying. Austin rarely cries because of pain, so I knew it was bad. I ran to Austin's room where I found him climbing back into bed. At first, I thought he had hurt his foot because he was holding onto his toes, but then I noticed blood on his pjs and saw his chin. It hurt just to look at it. By that time, he was just whining a little and put up with my examining and cleaning it. The bleeding stopped quickly, so Walker and I decided at the time that it didn't require stitches. (My brother was kind enough to come over and apply derma-bond the next afternoon once I started second guessing our decision. ;-) We really are not sure what happened. Austin hasn't gotten out of bed at night in over a year and with the bed rail up, we cannot really imagine how he would fall off. The one thing we do know is that he apparently hit either the edge of the bed or his step stool with his chin. Right now my best guess is that he was only partially awake and decided he needed to go potty and fell while getting out of bed. However it happened, it is definitely not an experience I want to repeat. (Especially since the commotion woke up Micah who then wanted to eat and had trouble going back the sleep the rest of the night ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Details! Is that just from falling out of bed?

michelleandwalker said...

Karina - added a narrative for you ;-)