

For my own documentation, here are some of the things that my guys are up to these days...
- Micah is starting to smile at us. I haven't been able to catch it on film yet because it is still fairly unpredictable, but it definitely helps my mood during those 3 am feedings. ;-)
- Micah cannot decide if he wants to be a good sleeper or not. He seems to alternate between waking only for his 3 am feeding and other nights where he doesn't seem to want to sleep (which could be due to the slight cold he has and the snoring that results)
- Micah has already grown out of newborn diapers and clothes. At 5 weeks, he is already wearing clothes that Austin did not wear until he was 3 months old!
- Austin has really developed an interest in puzzles lately. I got him a Thomas puzzle at the consignment sale and he puts it together by himself multiple times a day. At this point, he has memorized it, so I am going to have to go shopping for some more puzzles soon.
- Austin knows his colors, shapes and can count to twenty.
- Austin is becoming a little soccer player. He wants to play all the time and is actually quite good at it.
- Austin is so sweet with Micah. He calls him "baby kee-kah" which is just adorable. Whenever Micah cries, Austin immediately comes to notify me that something is "wong!" (wrong) and brings me the "bappy" (paci).
- Austin is all boy and can now burp at will. Whenever he proudly announces his bodily functions, I am reminded that I live in a house full of guys. ;-)
- Austin's verbal skills are really coming along. "Miss" Vicki, our wonderful speech therapist, has been really impressed with Austin's progress. His vocabulary has exploded lately so now we are focusing more on pronunciation and trying to make things flow easier and be less telegraphic. I cannot begin to put into words how proud I am of Austin and all the hard work he has put in to learn how to talk.
4 comments:
I love to see the pictures! This week will be 6 weeks, right? You'll be back in circulation! Can't wait to hold Micah again.
Monday is 6 wks. Guess that means I need to find some clothes to wear other than sweatpants. ;-)
I feel your pain! I still have only two pairs of pants that fit for church, and both of those were purchased since Ace's birth. I've still got 8 lbs. to go.
8 lbs!! That is awesome, but how is it possible that you have any left since you have looked like your old self since a month after he was born? Must be those skinny genes that I am so jealous of. ;-)
Post a Comment