Sunday, December 6, 2009

Breakfast with Santa

Saturday was our church's annual Breakfast with Santa. It is such a neat tradition and something that I look forward to every year. I was curious to see how Austin would do this year. When we woke up Saturday morning, I told Austin that we were going to see Santa Claus. That news was greeted with lots of grins and "Claus?" while we got ready and even after we arrived at the church. When it was our turn for a photo with Santa, Austin ran into the room saying "Claus!", but soon decided that he wasn't real sure about sitting on a stranger's lap even if it was Santa's. So, Santa suggested that I sit on his lap and let Austin sit on mine. (I don't think Santa knew what he was asking on that one ;-) It did the trick. Austin was content even though he looks pretty miserable in the photo. ;-) This was our attempt at a family photo...Austin was just ready to get back to the fun.
This year's theme for decorations was "Snowmen". Austin loved it. (He really likes Snowmen right now) He pointed them out every time he spotted a "man" and even had a little fun wrestling with this one. ;-) This is what happens when daddy says "Say Cheese!". ;-)

This year was the first time that Breakfast with Santa included a live nativity scene. Austin was in heaven. He absolutely LOVED getting to pet all of the various animals. These were the best behaved animals I had ever seen and they put up with all of the abuse that toddlers and preschoolers can dish out. Austin was thrilled to pet a horse....didn't have the heart to tell him it was actually a donkey. ;-)
Austin was particularly fond of this sheep (or "peep" as he calls them ;-)