We had a wonderful Christmas! It was a wonderful time spent with all of our family that we love, creating memories and eating LOTS of yummy food. We began our official Christmas celebration at my parents' for Christmas eve. I wish I could have gotten a photo of Austin's face when he walked into Nonna's living room and saw all of the presents under the tree. I was amazed that he patiently (for the most part ;-) waited until after lunch to open presents.
I loved seeing how into it Austin was this year. Of course, once he opened the box full of trains from Nonna and Papa (which are his favorite thing right now), Austin was pretty content to let others open gifts for a while. 
My family has a tradition of taking photos in front of the tree once all of the gifts have been cleared away. This is something that I really wish I would remember to do with Walker's side of the family as well....oh, well, maybe next year.
I tend to be rather camera shy when I am pregnant, but I figured we should have at least one to document my largeness at 35 weeks. ;-)

Nonna and Papa
Brian and Ashley
One of our family traditions since Austin was born is to reserve Christmas morning for just the three of us. This is when Santa comes and we exchange gifts from each other. Austin could barely contain his excitement when he woke up and we told him that Santa had come. He immediately ran into the living room where the Christmas tree is.
He was thrilled to see the train table (Santa had spent two late nights assembling it and wasn't about to attempt to wrap it. ;-) and had to be coaxed away from it in order to open a few other gifts.
I have never seen him play with something so much. He literally played with it nonstop for two days other than breaks to eat and sleep. ;-) Santa definitely got the perfect gift this year.
Walker's family came over for Christmas lunch and to open gifts. Since I was hosting, I didn't do a very good job of taking photos while they were here. Austin did take a brief break from his trains to open his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa...
..and to check out what his cousins got. Austin was very intrigued by all of the "pink stuff" that cousin Bryleigh received. His dinosaurs even stormed her princess castle. ;-)
The entire Christmas experience was so much more fun this year with Austin. He is seemed to get the concept of it much more than in past years. He was so excited and wound up on both Christmas eve and Christmas Day, that when the afternoon rolled around he actually requested that I let him take a nap. (Wow!) He loves "talking" about Baby Jesus, Santa, Christmas Trees and Snowmen. The only problem is that he now seems to think that everyday is Christmas (I guess that will be the case until the decorations come down). I am curious to see how long he will continue requesting to sing "I Can't Believe it's Christmas" (a song from his favorite Christmas video - The Toy that Saved Christmas) ALL DAY LONG! ;-)
I loved seeing how into it Austin was this year. Of course, once he opened the box full of trains from Nonna and Papa (which are his favorite thing right now), Austin was pretty content to let others open gifts for a while. 
My family has a tradition of taking photos in front of the tree once all of the gifts have been cleared away. This is something that I really wish I would remember to do with Walker's side of the family as well....oh, well, maybe next year.
I tend to be rather camera shy when I am pregnant, but I figured we should have at least one to document my largeness at 35 weeks. ;-)

Nonna and Papa
Brian and Ashley
One of our family traditions since Austin was born is to reserve Christmas morning for just the three of us. This is when Santa comes and we exchange gifts from each other. Austin could barely contain his excitement when he woke up and we told him that Santa had come. He immediately ran into the living room where the Christmas tree is.
I have never seen him play with something so much. He literally played with it nonstop for two days other than breaks to eat and sleep. ;-) Santa definitely got the perfect gift this year.
Walker's family came over for Christmas lunch and to open gifts. Since I was hosting, I didn't do a very good job of taking photos while they were here. Austin did take a brief break from his trains to open his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa...
..and to check out what his cousins got. Austin was very intrigued by all of the "pink stuff" that cousin Bryleigh received. His dinosaurs even stormed her princess castle. ;-)
2 comments:
Looks like a great day! Glad you were able to pull it off.
Kaleb got the same train station for his birthday and he has already clocked many hours on it! I love it b/c i can make dinner every night w/ no problems while she plays.
Post a Comment