Monday, April 6, 2009
Bye-Bye "Boop-Boop"
Well, it's official, Austin is now pacifier free! He has been using it only to sleep for close to a year now. My goal was to get rid of it completely by the time he turned two. I was convinced that the transition was going to be rough, so I kept finding reasons to postpone it. This weekend was our last free weekend until after Austin's birthday, so I decided to give it a shot. (I lacked faith that it would happen though and purchased some back ups - hey, I know that I'm weak ;-) I explained to Austin that he was a big boy and now that he was sleeping in a big boy bed, he did not really need a pacifier. When it was time for his nap on Friday, I snipped off the tips of the pacifiers so they wouldn't hold air and gave them to him. As soon as he put one in his mouth, he took it back out and gave me a look that let me know he thought I was crazy for committing such an atrocity. After a few more quick sucks, he tossed the pacifiers off the bed and was soon asleep without them. After that, he really didn't seem to care for them and has slept well every night since. I really need to start giving him more credit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment