It is official! Austin no longer sleeps in a crib! We were hoping to hold the transition off until his new bed arrives in a couple of weeks, but it just wasn't possible. Nap time was becoming dangerous as he was climbing out of the crib almost a dozen times before he would nod off. He was still sleeping well at night, but we were being greeted in our bedroom in the morning and I wasn't getting much sleep due to worrying. So, we decided to go ahead and just put the mattress on the floor for the time being.Last night when Walker got home from work, we began taking the crib apart. Austin wasn't really sure about the process and seemed a little anxious about the fact that we were moving his furniture around. I had found some adorable car sheets at Target a few weeks ago, and once I put them on the mattress, Austin's attitude about the whole thing completely changed. He was suddenly very excited. (He is REALLY into cars right now) He spent the 30 minutes before his bedtime doing flips on the mattress and introducing his stuffed animals to their new bed. ;-)


I was very apprehensive about how Austin would handle the transition. After all, I have heard numerous horror stories. Apparently I did not give him enough credit. He went right to sleep and slept the entire night. (I, however, barely slept at all because I found myself waking at every noise thinking that it was Austin getting out of bed ;-) He did wake up about 45 min. earlier than normal, but he just came and got me and I took him back to bed until it was time to get up. If only every night could go as smoothly. He just went down for a nap without a peep, so lets hope that this will be the trend.
2 comments:
Yea! So glad Austin is doing so well in his new bed!
Good for Austin! Hope it lasts!
Post a Comment