Over the past few days, Austin has been making little efforts here and there to climb into the crib, but has given up after a couple seconds and moved on to something else. Apparently he just needed the proper motivation. Austin is teething right now (those pesky canines have finally decided to make their long overdue appearance), and was adamantly insisting that I give him a "boop-boop" (pacifier). I reminded him that he only gets a pacifier when he sleeps and went back to working in the kitchen. After a few moments, I noticed that he was particularly quiet and went to check on him. As I got to his bedroom door, I saw his little sock feet sticking up in the air as he completed his dive into the crib. He was proudly clutching his pacifier. (The photos below were taken when I caught him doing it the 3rd or 4th time)


I tried to convince myself that he might be able to climb into the crib, but wouldn't climb out of it. Then, shortly after these photos were taken, he proceeded to climb out of the crib with hardly any effort. Yikes!
Obviously, my "To Do" list just got a couple more items added. (1) find a new place to stash the pacifiers (which is already on the schedule to get rid of next month) and (2) Order the bed for Austin that we have been looking at.
If anyone has pointers on how to easily transition from the crib to a big bed, please let me know. ;-)
Addendum: This afternoon I asked Austin if he was ready for a nap. He immediately ran into his room, climbed into his crib and went to sleep. Wow! I can only hope that the big boy bed transisition will go as smoothly. ;-)
2 comments:
way to go little buddy!!!
ok, now that is just impressive!!! Dang it - is that what lies ahead?!?
Post a Comment