I have always heard about the huge appetites that accompany teenage boys. Apparently it is also true for toddlers in the middle of a growth spurt. Austin just cannot seem to get full lately (and he seems to be growing like a weed - he has jumped a shoe size in the past month). Today for lunch, he ate chicken and green beans. After he finished that, he asked for some of my chips. Then he ate some other leftovers we had in the fridge followed by a huge bowl of watermelon, a cup of milk, and some yogurt-melts. I finally cut him off and got him out of his highchair. Within half an hour, he was banging on the pantry door asking for a "ca-kar" (cracker). A few minutes after that, I found him in the kitchen stuffing his mouth with Kashi cereal. 
If this keeps up, I am going to have to go back to work just to be able to afford to feed him. ;-)
Looking at these photos makes me very thankful that Austin has a haircut appointment tomorrow. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment