Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Growing up, Curls, & Germs

Austin really seems to be growing up overnight lately. Every time I turn around, I feel like he is looking more and more like a little boy. When I downloaded the latest round of photos, it really struck me that he is over the baby stage. As sentimental as it makes me to see the baby stage end, it is also very exciting to get glimpses of what lies ahead. He is beginning to interact with us even more now. He has started using several signs - more, all done, up, and please. He follows directions, and on rare occasions will even obey "no". ;-) The other day I asked him what a monkey says (without even thinking, I find myself asking that question whenever we see a picture of an animal) and he replied with a high pitch "ee-ee-ee". (I make a monkey sound "oo-oo-oo ee-ee-ee") I thought it was a fluke, but he has done it several time since. Too precious!
Sadly, Austin has yet again caught a bug from nursery (most likely)...a virus that is going around where the only symptom is a high fever. This is the face I have seen a lot over the past couple of days. Fun times. ;-)
I feel so bad for him because I can tell he just really doesn't feel well.
On a side note, check out the curls. This is what his hair does when I skip the blow dryer and just towel dry it. I have no clue whose genetics those came from. (Maybe a little adopted Moore? haha!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea he had that many curls! You should let it dry naturally more. I like them!