Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Energizer Bunny

Yesterday was one of those days where I felt like someone must have slipped some sugar or caffeine into Austin's baby food. He just did not stop all day. To make things even more interesting, he appears to have had a growth spurt recently. Items that were well out of reach before are suddenly obtainable. I watched him climb up, onto, & through furniture all day. Amid everything that happened yesterday, there were 2 instances that stand out the most to me.
(First, please don't think that I let my child run around the house unsupervised..he is just so fast that if I turn my back for 10 seconds, he will be on the other side of the room and into something before I know it. )
At one point yesterday, I went into the other room to get my camera. Austin was playing with his toys in the living room. I was only gone, literally, 15 seconds at the most. When I got back, Austin was on the 6th step!! Who knew an 8 month old could climb stairs! - we will now be using a gate at the bottom of the stairs in addition to the one at the top.

Last night, I was playing with Austin on the floor of our room. He took off crawling in the direction of our bathroom. (Apparently I forgot to shut the door) Before I could get to him, he had pulled up on the toilet and was about to reach down and play in the water (Gag!). Don't worry, I stopped him before I grabbed my camera. ;-)

No comments: