Well, it turns out that the sleeping through the night was another false alarm. He has woken up at 4 am every night since the last post. As frustrating as the lack of sleep is, I wouldn't trade his personality for all the sleep in the world. According to the reference book I have, one of the characteristics of an "active" baby is that they sleep a lot less than average babies. That is evident by the short catnaps that Austin takes during the day. Sure, it would be nice if he took longer naps so that I could get more done around the house or even take a nap myself now and then, but if that means giving up his personality, no thanks. He is unlike any 3 month old I have ever been around. He is so much fun to interact with. He keeps me laughing and melts my heart all day with his priceless expressions. If I can ever figure out how to do it, I will post a video clip of him when he first wakes up in the morning. He is just hilarious! It is my favorite part of the day. 
2 comments:
As difficult as the sleep loss is, I just keep telling myself that in 4 short years, I will be waving goodbye to Rad as he walks into kindergarten! YIKES! Sorry the sleeping through the night was a dirty trick. That seems to just come and go for us. Great pictures, as usual!
Hopefully the sleeping will get better soon! I always had to remind myself of how fun being a mommy is during the day, and that helped me deal with the lack of sleep at night! He is so cute!
Post a Comment