Friday, April 29, 2011

Austin's 4th Birthday!

I cannot believe that my baby boy is 4 years old! I know that everyone always says it, but the time really has flown by. He is growing up so fast. It seems like everyday he is learning something new and gaining (and often insisting on ;-) more independence. We are so very proud of him.

We had a family party for Austin at Nonna and Papa's house. After changing his mind several times (Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen and of course Dinosaurs), Austin finally settled on Curious George as his party theme. Of course, once again, he picked a theme that required me to freehand the cake ;-) There are a lot of pictures, so I will let them do most of the talking.




Austin trying on Papa's "Man in the Yellow Hat" outfit. (Not sure why I don't have any pictures of Papa wearing it)
Austin's one request this year was "baseball stuff". He was thrilled with his new glove, helmet and bat.

Austin loves the Buzz Lightyear that Grandma and Grandpa got him.




As soon as the presents were opened, we had to go try out the new baseball gear. No, he is not a left handed hitter, he simply was always aware of where I and the camera were and would cheese it up on his follow thru swing. Hilarious! Such a ham! ;-)





We had one final surprise up our sleeves that Austin was not expecting. I have to brag on the great deal I got on this bike. $8 at the OC consignment sale last fall! (we have kept it hidden a long time ;-) See why I tell everyone that they need to come shop. ;-) Austin was beaming with pride the whole time he was riding it. Every night after dinner, he asks if we can all go for a walk around the neighborhood so he can ride his bike. Such fun!








No comments: