Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Program

Last Thursday was Austin's Spring Program at preschool. He had been singing the songs at home all week and was very excited about it. Being on stage and performing has never been something that I am very good at or comfortable with, but it is something Austin really loves. He loves to sing and loves the attention that being on stage brings. This year's program was a salute to Eric Carle's books. Austin's class was "The Grouchy Ladybug". (Forgive the photos. I had to take them between parents' heads and was unable to get much of his class)

At one point, there was a line in the song that said "If you are grouchy because your hungry, give a growl". Austin growled with all his might! ;-)


After all of the classes performed individually, they got back on stage for a combined finale. (Sadly, I was unable to get a photo of the whole stage due to the crowded conditions) I was amazed when they began singing "The Books of the Old Testament" as one of their songs. Austin managed to keep that one a secret and I had not clue that he knew all of the words.



During one song, I saw a light go off in Austin's brain. I knew exactly what he was thinking and wondered if he would follow through with his idea. He did. He proceeded to take his little finger caterpillar and make it wiggle right into Curtis's ear. Curtis (who wasn't happy to be on stage anyway) was far from thrilled with Austin's antics)


Austin was overly dramatic with his singing at times. (Such a ham! ;-)


I am going to try to attach video. They are fairly long clips, so they may only be of interest to relatives. ;-)
Here is video of the portion of the program that was just Austin's class.

And here is most of the finale with all of the classes together.

And the final song (If anyone was able to get video of the whole stage, I would love to get a copy)

1 comment:

Jayna said...

Love Austin's growl!!! And too funny about Curtis!