Monday, September 13, 2010

Micah at 7 Months Old


How is my baby already 7 months old?! Where did the time go? Micah is growing up so fast. It seems like almost every time I turn around he is hitting another milestone.


  • The big news is that Micah started crawling a couple weeks ago. He is all over the place now. If I leave the room, I never know where I will find him when I return. He has even attempted pulling himself up on furniture a couple of times, but I am doing my best to convince him that isn't a good idea quite yet.


  • As you can see from the pictures, Micah can also sit independently at this point. This new talent makes it much easier for him to entertain himself as it opens up a new world of toys as well as allowing him to see more of what is happening in the house.

  • Due to Micah's increased mobility, we have had several conversations around our house regarding sharing. Although Austin loves to "share" Micah's toys, he isn't too fond of Micah's new ability to get hold of his toys. (and of course Micah finds Austin's toys much more interesting than his own)

  • Micah adores his big brother. Austin is great about playing peek-a-boo with Micah when I need some help entertaining him and is very concerned about Micah's happiness and well-being.

  • Micah is still not sleeping through the night, but I figure that he is such an easy baby during the day, he has to have one area where he is high maintenance. ;-)

  • He is growing like a weed. He is now in 12 Month clothing and isn't far from growing out of that lengthwise as well. (That is amazing to me for a breast-fed baby on a soy-free dairy-free diet!)

  • Micah is beginning to make more verbal sounds and fills the house with happy noises most of the day.
  • Now that he can sit up and can do more splashing, Micah has really started enjoying his baths and playing in the water quite a bit more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the sweet new pictures. He needs to give Ace a few lessons in crawling, since he is still only doing the worm!