Austin loves trains. When we heard that Thomas was coming to town (another of his loves), we just had to go. When we told Austin this morning where we were going, he was thrilled. By the time we arrived at the railway museum where the event was taking place, Austin's excitement was absolutely boiling over.We arrived an hour before our scheduled train ride in order to take advantage of the other activities that they had set up for children (mostly boys ;-). Austin immediately spotted this little train and just had to ride it.
They also had lots of train tables set up for the Jr. Conductors to play with. I have never seen so many little boys (and one or two girls ;-) ages 2-5 with such huge smiles plastered on their faces. It was every little Thomas/train fan's dream come true.
Like always, Micah was an amazing trooper. He was content to just hang out in his stroller and people watch. I am so thankful for his laid back personality.
This is not a great picture, but at least we were able to document our meeting of Sir Topham Hat. I thought Austin might be a little timid of someone in such a big costume (I know I was when I was little), but he was excited to meet him. He even gave him several high-fives.
Here we are in line to board the train. At this point, Austin's excitement was at an all time high. He kept checking with me to make sure he was in fact going to get to ride the train.
This was yet another attempt at a family of four picture. One day we will get one where all 4 of us are looking at the camera. ;-)
This is the "Mom! When is this train going to start moving? I cannot wait any longer!" face. ;-)
This was Austin's face when the train began moving and the Thomas theme song began playing. Pure Joy! What a great feeling to watch one of my little man's simple dreams come true!





No comments:
Post a Comment