Friday, August 3, 2007

"Tricks"

People are always asking me if Austin has learned any new tricks. (That sounds like he is a dog or something) So, I thought I would share some of the things that he has learned over the past few weeks....


He can grab toys, hold on to them and play with them....


...they usually end up in his mouth ;-)


Today he learned to reach for toys during tummy time. (which he is still not a big fan of)


He can roll from his stomach to back. When on his back, he can roll from side to side, but stops himself from rolling over because he hates being on his stomach.
When he is on his stomach, he tries so hard to crawl, but since his stomach is still on the ground, he usually ends up going in a slow circle and gets frustrated. ;-)

He can sit up and stand up if he is holding my fingers. He LOVES to stand up.

He can blow bubbles and raspberries and loves sucking on his lower lip.

He is becoming quite the little chatterbox. He becomes more verbal every day.

He has started using his legs to push off EVERYTHING...this has resulted in several near misses when he has tried to back flip off the changing table or out of my arms.
He does crunches in his bouncy seat and focuses intently on kicking the toy crab off.

He loves his puppy.


He has slept through the night 8 out of the past 9 days!!!!! ... When we go to get him in the morning, he is always on the opposite side of the crib despite the fact that he is swaddled (I have a mental image of an inch worm, when I try to figure out how he got there. ;-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our time with you on Sunday. Austin is such fun! Love that second picture. It makes me laugh every time I see it!

michelleandwalker said...

We enjoyed it too. I cannot believe Radnor is walking! Time flies.