Friday, July 17, 2009

Close Call (Too Close!)

Yesterday afternoon, while Austin was suppose to be taking a nap, I heard a loud noise come from his room. I ran across the house to go check on him and this is what I found....

I didn't see Austin anywhere. All I could see was that his dresser had been tipped over onto the floor. Panic hit me. All I could think was that Austin was under the dresser. As I was about to start lifting the dresser, I yelled Austin's name out. At that moment, I heard an "Uh, Oh!" and Austin popped his head around his bedroom door. All I could do was keep hugging him. (Afterwards he got a long lecture and timeout) I have no clue how he wasn't hurt and how he ended up on the back side of the dresser. I just know that I am VERY grateful.
The dresser is now firmly bolted to the wall. (We had thought about doing it before, but decided that its center of gravity was too low for Austin to be able to tip it over - WRONG!)

2 comments:

Kara said...

How scary! A similar thing happened to Kaitlyn when she was learning to walk. Glad he's okay!

Gini said...

michelle- it was scary enough when you were telling me about it, but these pics are unbelievable! sweet austin had a guardian angel that day for sure!!!