Although Austin is too young to understand Christmas, he still seems to know that something special and exciting is going on. He has been full of energy the past several days. We started putting up the decorations this weekend, and Austin just could not wait to "help". On Friday we hung the outdoor lights.

I tried to get Austin to help me with some of the lower level items, but once he noticed that Walker was using a ladder, I lost him. Somehow, helping daddy is always much "cooler". ;-)

The tongue hanging out apparently helps with concentration. ;-)

Once we went back inside, I put some Christmas music on. Austin LOVES it. All weekend, he has been asking to play it over and over. He especially likes Josh
Groban's "Little Drummer Boy". For some reason, Austin considers listening to Christmas music an activity that requires daddy and not mommy (as does playing catch). This afternoon, the two of them just laid there and listened to the entire CD (it is very unusual for Austin to remain still for that long!).

I have a feeling that he is not going to be happy that Walker has to go back to work tomorrow. We have really enjoyed having him home with us for the past several days.
No comments:
Post a Comment