Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mr. Mischievous

Austin's mischievous side is starting to show more. He is beginning to learn which items are "off limits". I know this because he will check and see if I am looking before he heads for certain things...he will then smile his "you cannot get mad at me because I am just too darn cute" smile before he continues towards the object. I am working on using my stern voice without laughing. ;-) He is starting to understand and obey "NO" periodically, but more often it just makes him laugh.

This morning I was moving a load of laundry to the dryer, and noticed that Austin was suddenly very quiet. That usually means he is up to something because normally he is practicing his B and TH sounds as he plays. I went to check on him and found him standing. I guess he decided that the end table would make a great item to pull up on. (In the past, he has only pulled up on either Walker or I) He was quite please with himself. Sadly, by the time I grabbed my camera, he was trying to climb through the end table, so I did not get a shot of him standing.

No comments: